is honesty really the best policy?

i am quite an honest person, well...no one ever tell me that, but that's how i would rate myself as. I dont cheat on girl, i dont do backstabbing (always do it in his/her face,ha~)

well, i felt kinda gutted for being honest today. Did an online assessment test, something like a talent assessment for this trainee program. Since its a personality test, and i have always been a team player, so i dont see any wrong of answering the question base on how i feel irregardless it will reflect good or bad side of me. I was quite confident about this because i dont think ANYONE will actually kick out candidate base on personality, and even if they do so, why would they do that to someone that is a team player according to test?

and guess what, i DIDNT PASS THE TEST~ just because i am being honest, just because i tend to choose answer that showing i am more of the top percentile group instead of the top leaders, just because i am more of a good follower in the group instead of the leader, they failed me!!

So i should cheat my way to get through the test? or maybe lying is a sign that you are competitive (thus can be a leader), so you deserve to be in the next round?

it is either that i am really not suitable for this program, or this personality test is really a stupid criteria to have.

still thinking how should i answer this type of test if it happen again ---to be or not to be, that is the question......

5 comments:

oot-oot said...

chill man..

Miss Lime said...

be true to yourself. if the culture doesn't fit you, do not man-make the answers just to fit in because u will regret eventually. =D honesty is still the best policy. use it wisely though.

worms said...

a very interesting fact to share with you, the program that i applied is actually offered by ur current company (if my memory did not fail me-lah...), does that change anything?

well, i believe honesty is the best policy to a certain extend only...when it involved relationship, kinda hard....throw u a scenario....imagine.....imagine........imagine...

okok...imagine u have a bf,erm...ok let's just put it to first person view,easier...imagine we are going out and met parents and all this all that, then one day i come to realize my mum actually hated u a lot. at the same time, you have absolutely no idea at all, in fact you actually think mum love you a lot...so in this scenario, would u rather have me to tell u the trust or continue letting u living in white lies? lets just say the mum is extremely good at acting n you will only have to meet her during CNY even after marriage.....

honesty is still the best policy? or white lies may be a better idea?

Miss Lime said...

Tricky scenario you have there. I don't believe in acting. And I don't like people who act in front of me. So I can't really tell la... in relationship that is.

But this is a career. You haven't dabbled into it yet, your feet are not in it yet, so the hurt is not so great. It would hurt more if you're already in it and then only to realise that it's all a lie and that you cannot deliver as expected.

And which organisation are you referring to? I know of one that I previously took, no matter how I answered, I still failed - from changing to all extreme ends of the answers. I guess the program is still smart in a way to detect the right candidate.

worms said...

hahaha...really u think the system is smart? i'm actually quite cynical about it.
Oh well, UK is all about system, a little bit different from the US counterpart, and that is usually why when a choice is given to me, i will choose a US company...well, my previous company is a american company, and i am happy with it...to a certain degree....
the program that i applied offered by Stan chart....