kopitiam

Had so much coffee for the past few weeks that i am considering myself a coffee addict now. Its funny how i always declare myself as a tea person, and yet i have not been drinking tea for quite a long time. As Klangite i always bring my own tea to restaurant, be it Bah Kut Teh or dim sum ( apparently its not that common outside Klang, which really surprised me) but lately mum been bringing along some unknown tea, and i drank it without thinking much abo0ut the taste. So, i find it hard to describe it as enjoying the tea moment.

so yesterday i meet up with high school friend in yet another kopitiam, but i can no longer order anymore coffee. then we start talking about the use-to-be-famous mamak place has become so empty since most people choosing kopitiam over mamak now, which i am calling it an inflation in disguise.

then inevitably we entered conversation regarding relationship. I complained, and question on why must we talk about man vs women whenever there's both male and female in a gathering.

" that is because when there's only guys, you guys talk nothing but bullshit, i am just helping you to keep your crap in case you run of crap to talk"

" we just preferred not to talk about it"

"but if i am your partner, i am much preferred that you talk to me~"

see, my friend is juuuuuuuusst so good in leading me into topic that she wants to talk about...

"its a choice by nature for me not to throw my problem to my partner, which most likely she cant do anything about it"

" and it is okey to talk about it to friend?"

"usually dont talk to guys about it"

" and it is okey to talk about it to FEMALE friend instead of your partner?"

"err...........er..............."

she got me there..... i have all kind of answers for that in mind, but it all just seems like an excuse in that moment. i believe that friendship can be forged between male and female, but i also know that it is almost impossible to make a gf feel absolutely okey for their bf to have close female friend, even more so if the girl is the person he turns to when problem arises.

N yet i believe this is something that i would do if i have a partner now.

No comments: